Sunday, January 6, 2013

Day 6 and all is well!

I can hardly believe that it's been almost a whole week on the Whole30! I'm struggling a lot with keeping my kitchen clean and workable. There is SO MUCH COOKING involved. I mean everything is made from scratch...EVERYTHING! Mayonnaise, bbq sauce, ketchup, every condiment. I also have to cook every meal, so there never seems to be a finish line. I feel tethered to my kitchen, really!

Besides all that, the actual cleanse is going great! On Day 4 I woke up with out the foggy brain. I was driving to work out and everything was so much clearer! I was very dizzy during my workout the other day, but that is because I am dehydrated. So more water for me. My skin looks great. It is clearing up very nicely. I think I'm down about 5 lbs.

The family is doing well with the whole30. The boys and Jon have liked everything I've made so far. Jacob is complaining that he is hungry all the time. I told him that's his own fault. There is plenty of food to eat. He's just not taking the responsibility.

I was convinced by Megan to go and buy a good knife, after I was complaining about how hard sweet potatoes are to cut. So I bit the bullet and bought a really nice knife and the difference is amazing! I have made a vow to save up and buy a couple different sized knives and get rid of the rest of the crap in my knife block!

Day 5:
Breakfast: 2 left over egg muffins
lunch: Bacon, scrambled eggs, salad with Nicole's Awesome sauce (yep, I named that!)
Dinner: meatza! Beef/Pork "crust", marinara sauch, bacon, onion, garlic, peppers, spinach

Day 6:
Breakfast: broccoli slaw, two fried eggs, Nicole's Awesome sauce
Lunch: Nicole Meal: Beef chili without beans, greens and plantains
Dinner: Crockpot spare ribs with home made bbq sauce, salad

No comments:

Post a Comment